The Nice Côte d’Azur metropolitan area continues to write its history with cycling.
Write yours by following the movement and getting your troops involved in the adventure!
By organising an incentive on the roads and paths of Nice Côte d’Azur, you will lead your teams to victory!
From the coast to the mountain tops, the Nice Côte d’Azur region is an exceptional playground for cycling enthusiasts and professionals. The organisers of the 2020 Tour de France have made no mistake in choosing Nice for the Grand Depart of the 107th edition. Nice is also expected to host the finish of the 111th edition in 2024, just a few days before the Olympic football events are held at the Nice stadium! Another major sporting event confirmed in the Côte d’Azur capital: the World Gravel Championships in 2025!
Cycling in all its forms
Cycling is a gentle mode of transport that favors natural areas. The Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolitan Area has many advantages for the development of this sport. It offers an infinite variety of itineraries and excursions by bike, mountain bike or mountain bike with electric assistance and allows several types of activity:
- itineraries to discover varied landscapes and curiosities throughout the kilometers covered on roads,
- cycling tourism that combines cycling with related activities, such as discovering gastronomy, heritage … Semi-itinerant stays, also called “star” or “daisy” that offer loop cycling itineraries combined with moments of rest,
- cycling, whether in training or competition, for the pursuit of performance. Many routes labeled by the French Cycling Federation meet the requirements of quality, hospitality and safety.
Auron-Nice itinerary by mountain bike
Accessible to the greatest number of people, the “Auron-Nice Electrically Assisted Mountain Bike Itinerary” is a 7-stage route between Auron and Nice, with 16 towns crossed – 261 kms or an average of 40 kms/day. It includes a passage over the Bonette, the highest road pass in Europe, and an arrival on the Promenade des Anglais! This itinerary thus makes it possible to join the highest peaks of the Mercantour to the shores of the Côte d’Azur. It is, of course, possible to complete it in one stage.
In the stage villages, services adapted to mountain bikers will be offered: recharging points for mountain bike batteries, washing and inflation stations as well as signs presenting the day’s stage. A dozen interpretation desks have also been set up at remarkable places along the route.
In parallel with this itinerary, more than 60 circuits accessible by electrically assisted mountain bikes are being developed and marked out in 25 communes of the Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolitan area. These circuits are mainly located in the middle and high country and are of all levels: very easy, easy, difficult and very difficult and can be completed in less than a day. They are marked out with mountain bike signs referring to the route numbers and are promoted in a mountain bike guide.
- Ronde Oliviers (Castagniers)
- Les Grandes du Colonel (Belvédère)
- La Vacherie d’Anduébis (Valdeblore)
- Les Granges de la Brasque (Lantosque)
- Tour du Mont Chauve (Aspremont / Tourrette Levens)
- Cascade de Gialorgues (Saint-Dalmas le Selvage)
- Cascade de la Louch (Isola)
- The Falcon woods (Roubion)
- The Dragon Pass (Levens)
Nice, city of bicycle tourism
Cycle paths are also available in the city. Nice offers cyclists a welcome, services and facilities adapted to the practice of cycle tourism. Ride along the Baie des Anges for miles, cross the tourist centre at your own pace and let yourself be charmed by the panorama and the rich heritage of Nice, the green city of the Mediterranean.
The Nice Côte d’Azur Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau is waiting to help you organize a tailor-made programme to suit your expectations and your budget, free of charge.