The Convent of the Trinitarians was founded in the 17th century. This order's mission was to redeem Christians held captive on the other side of the Mediterranean from the Barbary pirates. The building's greatest interest lies in its frescoes.
The chapel, decorated and built in the 17th century, offers frescoes from the same period evoking the life of the Virgin and the naval battle of Lepanto on October 7, 1571, where Christians defeated the Turkish fleet. The Convent of the Trinitarians was created in the 17th century; this order was very active in Provence and Spain and had the mission of redeeming Christians held captive on the other side of the Mediterranean from the Barbary pirates. The great interest of this building lies in its frescoes. Those in the right side chapel are dedicated to the Virgin with some panels bearing symbolic trees, due to the generosity of Lord Jules Achiardi de l'Alp (1674). Those in the left side chapel represent the naval battle of Lepanto (1571) with the high-sided vessels contemporary with its creation (1685), instead of the galleys. Additional panels depict the repurchase of the statue of Our Lady of Good Remedy from the Turks. Don Juan of Austria, admiral of the Christian fleet, can also be seen boarding his ship. The chapel also features a magnificent carved larch altarpiece bearing the date 1737.