Rue Obscure is a magical place that brings back the atmosphere of medieval Villefranche.
Located in the Old Town, along the first rampart, the rue Obscure (14th century) was at first uncovered and constituted the continuity of the defensive roundabout. It allowed the circulation of the soldiers and facilitated the maneuvers. It is 130m long. Four doors allowed access to the city, one of which is always visible: the Portal Robert. Subsequently, it was the subject of an urbanization not very regular to fill the lack of houses located in the street of "Poilu". It was registered in the Historic Monuments in 1932.