Palais Salvy

Built between 1841 and 1843, the Salvy house became the Hôtel Royal between 1858 and 1875.

It then became a residential building and continued to receive winter guests, being reputed, according to the advertisements of the time, to be "in the middle of the day, and the best water in the city is in the house itself". The building remained for a long time the only building on this part of the shore. Its facades follow the regulations of the Council of Ornament (Consiglio d'Ornato), recommending a type of facade decoration. These urban planning regulations were used to organize the streets surrounding the Port Lympia, which is reflected in this house.


Sign up now to get a sneak preview of exclusive offers, new experiences and all the news about Nice.