Château Musée Grimaldi

Closed from 08/01 to 21/02/2024 for works. Built in 1309 for Rainier Grimaldi and converted into an Italian-style residence in around 1620, Château Grimaldi was bought by Cagnes Council in 1937 and became the municipal museum in 1946.

Situated at the heart of the medieval village of Haut-de-Cagnes, the château is home to the “Musée de l’olivier”, the Solidor donation (forty portraits of Suzy Solidor painted by famous artists such as Foujita, Lempicka, Laurencin, Picabia, etc.), an outstanding painted baroque ceiling and a number of contemporary art exhibitions.

Newsletter

Sign up now to get a sneak preview of exclusive offers, new experiences and all the news about Nice.