September 14, 2022
The hotel industry in Nice is constantly evolving, the various establishments are modernising and carrying out numerous embellishment or renovation works. In addition, several hotel creation projects are underway.
Nice currently has more than 200 hotels, which corresponds to around 12,000 rooms.
By 2025, the Côte d’Azur capital will have nearly 3,000 additional hotel rooms, more than 60% of which will be in the 4* and 5* categories, and 1,130 rooms are planned for the Airport / Arénas district.
Recent openings in Nice
- The Nice Home Masséna residence opened at 5 avenue Jean-Médecin, beneath the arcades of Place Masséna. Behind the recently renovated facades of this red building are 7 completely refurbished flats, ranging in size from 19 to 29 m². These small studios with kitchenette and bathroom have been available since November 2023.
- New identity and new owners for the former Azuréa Hotel. With a brand new decor and an upgrade, the new Khla Nice*** hotel from the Summer Hotels group offers 68 rooms in the revitalized Nice train station area. Open since 9 February 2023.
- The former Plaza Hotel, bought by Covivio Hotels, after a complete renovation reopened on December 15th 2022 as the Anantara Plaza Hotel Nice 5*, operated by NH Hotel Group. The hotel offers 152 rooms, a relaxation area (spa, massages, sauna, hammam, gym and private coach), 5 meeting rooms, and a terrace with a 360° view.
- The Hotel Apollinaire Nice 4*, opened in 2022 (formerly the Ellington Hotel). It offers 95 rooms entirely renovated in a contemporary style and a bar opening onto a beautiful patio. The patio also gives access to the fitness area and the wellness area with hammam and experience shower.
- The boutique hotel YELO 4* (54 rooms) opened on Avenue Jean Médecin on 1 July 2021, with a warm and contemporary design, in a beautiful Haussmanian building.
- The Sonder Yelo Promenade (28 completely redesigned rooms, in place of the former Eden hotel. Opening in June 2023.
- The 4* Nice Azur Riviera hotel has recently opened, with 40 modern and bright rooms, 5 minutes walk from the train station.
- The Riviera Collection 4* boutique hotel opened in July 2021 with 36 rooms, in a quiet area in the heart of Nice, within a beautiful Art Deco building. The hotel has fully connected co-working spaces, with the possibility of light catering.
Airport and Arenas district
In the Grand Arénas international business district near Nice Côte d’Azur Airport and the future Multimodal Station, the offer has significantly increased. Just a stone’s throw from the airport and the tramway, allowing guests to reach the city centre in just a few minutes, the hotels in this district should satisfy both leisure and business guests:
- The Résidhome Nice Aéroport residence opened in June 2023 in the heart of the Arénas business district, with 2 user-friendly meeting rooms, 95 studios with balcony and 42 studios without balcony. The residence has a car park.
- The Radisson Nice Airport opened its doors in the Arénas district in August 2022, replacing the former Park Inn. This new establishment offers 151 bright and modern rooms with Scandinavian decoration, 390m2 of meeting space and a fitness area. At the foot of the hotel, the Azur Bistrot Niçois offers a unique setting by the pool to enjoy an aperitif or savour the delicious dishes prepared by the young chef Gaëtan Debes.
- The 3-star B&B Nice Aéroport Arénas hotel opened in December 2020. 167 rooms in 3,700 m2, within the Neo complex, which also includes 8,600 m2 of offices and 1,400 m2 of retail space.
- A 3* Holiday Inn Express hotel inaugurated in January 2021. It offers 131 modern and comfortable rooms, with a refined style, Smart TV and the latest connectivity.
- A 4* Crowne Plaza hotel inaugurated in April 2021. Rated ****superior, the hotel offers 129 rooms and suites in line with the latest design trends and with top-of-the-range comfort, in a neat and contemporary setting.
- The 4* OKKO Nice Airport hotel was inaugurated in September 2021. On 7 floors, it offers 135 rooms with the modern design, functionality and elegance standards of the French brand.
- The 4* Sheraton hotel, at the junction of the airport and the city, (11,500 m2 including a restaurant, a meeting centre, a fitness room, a swimming pool and a spa) with a capacity of more than 231 rooms, an apartment building dedicated to certain State airport services (3,100 m2), offices (10,000 m2) and shops at the foot of the building (800 m2), as well as a two-level car park with a total capacity of 350 spaces. Inaugurated in May 2022.
- In the Ferber district, a Nemea Appart’Hotel Nice Riviera 4* residence with 119 flats (from 23 to 43 m²), also featuring a roof terrace with an outdoor pool, a heated indoor pool, a spa area (sauna, fitness room) and a bar. Inaugurated in July 2022.
Next opening expected
• In the city centre, in the Gare de Nice Thiers district, a 4* DoubleTree by Hilton with 120 rooms will be located in the future “diamond” of Nice, a property development called Iconic. The complex will also include 6,500 sq. m. of shops, 3 restaurants including a panoramic one and a café, offices (1,900 sq. m.) and a fitness centre (2,000 sq. m.). The opening is scheduled in 2024.
• The YELO Hotels collection is expanding with the forthcoming opening of a new hotel in Nice: the Sonder Yelo Victor Hugo (Rue Baquis, in place of the Little Palace hotel with 40 rooms) – Opening in 2024.
• The Boscolo B4 Nice Park hotel will become a 5* Le Victoria hotel of the Maison Albar group. Located right in the centre, the luxury boutique hotel complex will open in 2024. The works will involve a complete restructuring of the building and a major extension. The urban resort will eventually have 132 rooms and suites, a 600m2 spa, a fitness area, a roof-top with a restaurant, swimming pool and meeting rooms. At the foot of the building, nine luxury boutiques will occupy the entire space.
• Near the Liberation market, a brand new 4* hotel will be built on 7 floors. There will be three levels of underground parking, including a specific space for tourist coaches. The future hotel will offer 90 rooms, including 6 suites of 70m2 with terrace and 6 rooms of 45 m2 for families. There will also be a 2000 m2 fitness spa on three levels with a 10-seat jacuzzi, hammam and sauna, a 200-seat restaurant on the top floor and a swimming pool with a 360-degree view of Nice and seminar rooms.
• Nice is also getting a new 5* establishment nestled in the heart of Old Nice, the city’s historic district. The Perseus group plans to redevelop the former Convent of the Visitation, built-in 1604. The aim is to turn it into a luxury hotel with 88 rooms, a spa, swimming pool, restaurant and interior patio. The buildings are classified as historical monuments. The Hôtel du Couvent will be served by the two tramway lines connecting with the stations, the airport and the port. Scheduled to open in summer 2024.
In the Garibaldi district
Not far from Old Nice and the Port, two projects are currently under construction.
• The Palais Ségurane: a 4* hotel residence. Delivery planned for 2024.
• The Boutique Hotel Site Garibaldi (4* – 100 rooms). Deliveries planned for 2025
• In Rue Beaumont, a Mama Shelter hotel is also highly anticipated. The chain is targeting a young and trendy clientele and promises in its establishments that “break the codes of traditional hotels” “roof-tops, unique and original meeting rooms, DJ sets, a boutique and many other surprises”. Deliveries planned for June 2024.
In the Airport / Grand Arénas district
• A Moxy hotel (112 rooms) of the Marriott group. Within a complex with office space (7,800 m2), shops and a car park with 124 spaces. Delivery in 2024
• A 230-room 4* hotel under the Neho Group brand by 2024.
More than 3,000 new rooms are expected by 2024 in the city of Nice!
Renovations in progress
- The Hotel La Pérouse**** has reopened its doors at the beginning of May 2023, after a complete renovation of the hotel (54 rooms and suites) and Le Patio, Restaurant & Terrace, in a Riviera Chic spirit.
And all around Nice…
• Hotel Indigo opened in October 2021 in the Béal district. This 4* boutique hotel offers 87 rooms with a modern and refined design by Wilmotte & Associés. The hotel meets the expectations of both leisure and business travellers, as it has two meeting rooms bathed in light, two bars and a 130-seat Italian restaurant, Cucina Victoria.
• At the gateway to the Mercantour, the Pure Montagne Resort & Spa**** opened in July 2021. This tourist residence offers 44 top-of-the-range accommodation units, divided into 6 chalets with a total of 230 beds. A Nordic area will offer, from the end of 2021, privatizable wellness areas, with indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi on the terrace, sauna, hammam and experience shower.
In Cap d’Ail
• The Fondimmo real estate group has announced the opening of a luxury hotel complex by 2025: The Kempiski. With over 12,000m2 of land, the complex will have 130 rooms and suites. There will also be numerous bars and restaurants, including a gourmet restaurant, as well as a panoramic swimming pool and a large spa. In terms of business tourism, the complex has planned an event space with numerous meeting and reception rooms.