September 14, 2022
The hotel industry in Nice is constantly evolving, the various establishments are modernising and carrying out numerous embellishment or renovation works. In addition, several hotel creation projects are underway.
By 2025, Nice will see its hotel capacity increase significantly, notably with projects that have been confirmed and for which we now know the operators. Nice will have 900 additional rooms planned in the Airport / Arénas district alone. These will be completed by the Plaine du Var development project with several establishments around the future new exhibition centre and the Allianz Riviera stadium. In the city centre, some 600 additional rooms will be built.
Recent openings in Nice
- The boutique hotel YELO 4* (54 rooms) opened on Avenue Jean Médecin on 1 July 2021, with a warm and contemporary design, in a beautiful Haussmanian building.
- The 4* Nice Azur Riviera hotel has recently opened, with 40 modern and bright rooms, 5 minutes walk from the train station.
- The Riviera Collection 4* boutique hotel opened in July 2021 with 36 rooms, in a quiet area in the heart of Nice, within a beautiful Art Deco building. The hotel has fully connected co-working spaces, with the possibility of light catering.
Airport and Arenas district
In the Grand Arénas international business district near Nice Côte d’Azur Airport and the future Multimodal Station, the offer has significantly increased. Just a stone’s throw from the airport and the tramway, allowing guests to reach the city centre in just a few minutes, the hotels in this district should satisfy both leisure and business guests:
- The Radisson Nice Airport opened its doors in the Arénas district in August 2022, replacing the former Park Inn. This new establishment offers 151 bright and modern rooms with Scandinavian decoration, 390m2 of meeting space and a fitness area. At the foot of the hotel, the Azur Bistrot Niçois offers a unique setting by the pool to enjoy an aperitif or savour the delicious dishes prepared by the young chef Gaëtan Debes.
- The 3-star B&B Nice Aéroport Arénas hotel opened in December 2020. 167 rooms in 3,700 m2, within the Neo complex, which also includes 8,600 m2 of offices and 1,400 m2 of retail space.
- A 3* Holiday Inn Express hotel inaugurated in January 2021. It offers 131 modern and comfortable rooms, with a refined style, Smart TV and the latest connectivity.
- A 4* Crowne Plaza hotel inaugurated in April 2021. Rated ****superior, the hotel offers 129 rooms and suites in line with the latest design trends and with top-of-the-range comfort, in a neat and contemporary setting.
- The 4* OKKO Nice Airport hotel was inaugurated in September 2021. On 7 floors, it offers 135 rooms with the modern design, functionality and elegance standards of the French brand.
- The 4* Sheraton hotel, at the junction of the airport and the city, (11,500 m2 including a restaurant, a meeting centre, a fitness room, a swimming pool and a spa) with a capacity of more than 231 rooms, an apartment building dedicated to certain State airport services (3,100 m2), offices (10,000 m2) and shops at the foot of the building (800 m2), as well as a two-level car park with a total capacity of 350 spaces. Inaugurated in May 2022.
- In the Ferber district, a Nemea Appart’Hotel Nice Riviera 4* residence with 119 flats (from 23 to 43 m²), also featuring a roof terrace with an outdoor pool, a heated indoor pool, a spa area (sauna, fitness room) and a bar. Inaugurated in July 2022.
Next opening expected
• Similarly, the Plaza Hotel, bought by Covivio Hotels, after total renovation will become the 5* Anantara Plaza Nice, operated by NH Hotel Group. The hotel will offer 152 rooms, a relaxation area (spa, massages, sauna, hammam, gym and private coach), 5 meeting rooms and a terrace with a 360° view (opening planned for december 2022).
• In the city centre, in the Gare de Nice Thiers district, a 4* Hilton Garden Inn hotel with 120 rooms will be located in the future “diamond” of Nice, a property development called Iconic. The complex will also include 6,500 sq. m. of shops, 3 restaurants including a panoramic one and a café, offices (1,900 sq. m.) and a fitness centre (2,000 sq. m.). The opening is scheduled in 2023.
• The Boscolo B4 Nice Park hotel will become a 5* Le Victoria hotel of the Maison Albar group. Located right in the centre, the luxury boutique hotel complex will open in 2023. The works will involve a complete restructuring of the building and a major extension. The urban resort will eventually have 140 rooms and suites, a 600m2 spa, a fitness area, a roof-top with a restaurant, swimming pool and meeting rooms. At the foot of the building, nine luxury boutiques will occupy the entire space.
• Near the Liberation market, a brand new 4* hotel will be built on 7 floors. There will be three levels of underground parking, including a specific space for tourist coaches. The future hotel will offer 90 rooms, including 6 suites of 70m2 with terrace and 6 rooms of 45 m2 for families. There will also be a 2000 m2 fitness spa on three levels with a 10-seat jacuzzi, hammam and sauna, a 200-seat restaurant on the top floor and a swimming pool with a 360-degree view of Nice and seminar rooms.
• Nice is also getting a new 5* establishment nestled in the heart of Old Nice, the city’s historic district. The Perseus group plans to redevelop the former Convent of the Visitation, built-in 1604. The aim is to turn it into a luxury hotel with 88 rooms, a spa, swimming pool, restaurant and interior patio. The buildings are classified as historical monuments. The Hôtel du Couvent will be served by the two tramway lines connecting with the stations, the airport and the port. Work has already begun and is expected to take at least 24 months.
In the Garibaldi district
Not far from Old Nice and the Port, two projects are currently under construction.
• The Palais Ségurane: a 4* hotel residence. Delivery planned for 2023.
• The Boutique Hotel Site Garibaldi (4* – 100 rooms). Deliveries planned for 2025
• In Rue Beaumont, a Mama Shelter hotel is also highly anticipated. The chain is targeting a young and trendy clientele and promises in its establishments that “break the codes of traditional hotels” “roof-tops, unique and original meeting rooms, DJ sets, a boutique and many other surprises”. Deliveries planned for June 2024.
In the Airport / Grand Arénas district
• A Moxy hotel (112 rooms) of the Marriott group. Within a complex with office space (7,800 m2), shops and a car park with 124 spaces. Delivery in 2023
• A 230-room 4* hotel under the Neho Group brand by 2024.
More than 3,000 new rooms are expected by 2024 in the city of Nice!
And all around Nice…
• Hotel Indigo opened in October 2021 in the Béal district. This 4* boutique hotel offers 87 rooms with a modern and refined design by Wilmotte & Associés. The hotel meets the expectations of both leisure and business travellers, as it has two meeting rooms bathed in light, two bars and a 130-seat Italian restaurant, Cucina Victoria.
• At the gateway to the Mercantour, the Pure Montagne Resort & Spa**** opened in July 2021. This tourist residence offers 44 top-of-the-range accommodation units, divided into 6 chalets with a total of 230 beds. A Nordic area will offer, from the end of 2021, privatizable wellness areas, with indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi on the terrace, sauna, hammam and experience shower.
In Cap d’Ail
• The Fondimmo real estate group has announced the opening of a luxury hotel complex by 2025: The Kempiski. With over 12,000m2 of land, the complex will have 130 rooms and suites. There will also be numerous bars and restaurants, including a gourmet restaurant, as well as a panoramic swimming pool and a large spa. In terms of business tourism, the complex has planned an event space with numerous meeting and reception rooms.